- $10k in cash (First place: $6,000; Second place: $3,000; Third place: $1000)
- The top three teams will be offered 6 months of co-working space through the Community Innovation HUB
- The first place team will be offered an exclusive workshop and coaching session at PwC’s Experience Centre (a $20,000 value)
Teams will pitch their best idea to a panel of distinguished, expert judges who will allocate prizes based on the criteria set out below.
1. Is the solution a sharing economy application?
2. To what degree does it have an impact on food security or food waste in Ontario?
- What is the value proposition/does the solution expand value?
- Can we build the solution?
- Are the technologies and skills needed to build the solution available or within reach?
- Can the team actually make it happen?
- What are the foreseeable challenges in scaling your solution?
- Who else do you need to engage to make your solution a reality?
- How well does the solution answer the challenge question?
- Can we do this as a team?
- What data/evidence do you have to suggest that the idea is feasible?
- Does the solution align with any longer term policy goals/objectives?
- Is it technically, socially and even possible from a stakeholder perspective?
- Who are the key stakeholders and/or partners?
- Does the solution turn a pain point into a delight?
- Does it expand user value?
- What are the key impacts and benefits?
- Will the solution generate impact for positive social change?
- Will the solution fit into people’s lives?
- Does it differentiate the outcome?
- Does it improve the persona’s/ user’s experience?
- What will be the solution’s return on investment?
- Will the solution affect a significant population of people over time?
- Will the solution lead to change on a larger scale over time (i.e. 3 to 5 years out)?
- Why should we do this? What is the benefit for our persona/user?
- Will it be disruptive and change lives?
5. Pitch Delivery:
- Did the team delivery the pitch within the required time frame?
- Was the pitch clear and delivered with a strong narrative?
- Did the team effectively demonstrate the impact on the proposed users?
- Did the team effectively use visual and story-telling aids to bring to life the opportunity and business plan?